Thursday, May 30, 2013

Amanda-Leigh and the Bread of Idleness



One important women’s issue I strongly believe in is getting a painful scar from a hysterectomy checked out in an ultrasound. Since I did not know what to expect after having a hysterectomy, for awhile I took comfort in believing the area of my scar was normal scar tissue. The ultrasound I had on Tuesday morning took the cake of all cakes in this world. on Tuesday afternoon, my nurse called my husband to report that a small cyst on my right kidney was discovered. A cyst was causing so much pain inside.

Tuesday afternoon I also learned that I never applied for Financial Aid for the summer semester. I still had the option of applying for the summer. I chose not to. I need to concentrate on dissolving this cyst and moving over the summer. Taking care of these two stressors will have to come as a priority whether I like this or not. This does not mean I have eaten the bread of idleness for a short time. There will be plenty of artsy things that will occupy my time.

I can read, write journal entries, keep a documented recording of summer travels in literature, and watch ballet events and movies online. I am looking forward to fixing my new place up with pizzazz and colors. I am looking forward to my husband working at his new job. This is not going to be a disappointing summer at all. In fact, this time is needed at the moment. I need to have a room of my own before I can write and dance.

I sincerely apologize that my writing is not longer this morning. I need to rest and feel better. I believe everything will be fine in time. In God we must trust.  

"She opens her hand to the poor, and reaches out her hand to the needy" Proverbs 31:20

No comments:

Post a Comment