Thursday, March 7, 2013

Amanda-Leigh and Smart Shopping



Yesterday afternoon, I played around with my new phone. I can remember a time when cell phones first became popular on the college campus. The year, I would estimate, was around 2005. I can remember feeling alienated when I was around students with cell phones. This made me not wish to purchase a cell phone or be on a plan. I was attending college to make friends and get a good education. If college students were connected to a world outside the friendly college atmosphere, how could both goals be met? This is probably the reason I feel more of a connection with online college. I don’t feel as alienated as I do in the regular college environment. Plus, with the advancement of modern technology, I am able to take full advantage of the situation.

I decided the time had come for an upgrade. When I paid my phone bill online, I noticed a purple phone I would love to have. I did not decide to get a new color of phone. I decided to upgrade to a touch-screen phone. One preparation that led me to this decision was the process of observation. I had observed other people having problems typing on the touch-screen. My process of thinking going across a new avenue began with a question:  how could I improve the conflict of typing on such a small screen?  What tool could help me type better?

I had seen Styllus pens used with purchases. A Stylus pen is usually used with purchases at stores and restaurants. The Stylllus pen made sense. I got it. Since I have problems with spasms and uncontrollable hand movements at times, the purple Styllus pen and I had a blast yesterday! I learned how to put my contacts into groups of Family and Friends. I began texting again. Before too long, this new phone, Styllus pen, and I had formed a great relationship. i do highly recommend any man and woman with a physical disability to follow my path of using a touch-screen phone and a Styllus pen to type with. The best place to purchase a Styllus pen is on Amazon. Amazon has a few sets of Styllus pens for a couple dollars.

I searched a freelance website yesterday that seemed to have potential until my husband set me straight. The word “bid” meant I had to made a financial bid on how much I would pay to be a ghost writer or research projects for writers. One creative freelance writer scanned his or her handwritten manuscript in to be typed by someone else. This did interest me but not the bidding part. When I perform a service to the field of writing, I want to be the one who gets paid. I would be taking the time to download the files, print the pages off on my printer, and typing the manuscripts on my time. I would be happy to type manuscripts for other people or write as a ghostwriter. But to bid on typing? This makes no sense to me. I am glad my husband pointed this out to me. I would want somebody else to appreciate the effort I put into him or her write a story or piece of work.

Amanda-Leigh's Recommendations for Styllus pens:

 http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B005AOKW8Q/ref=dp_olp_new?ie=UTF8&colid=1EETHPKJU7DPJ&coliid=I30MV8I2MULVRZ&condition=new

This link comes from my Wish List on Amazon. The prices fall each day on my items. I am sharing this item because this is a smart purchase that can benefit other people. I recommend buying Styllus pens to give away as gifts. Keep one pen and pass the others around! Slip a pen inside a gift. Friends and family will be grateful!



No comments:

Post a Comment